10 Predictions for Housing in 2013
January 17, 2013
The new year could be the best year in real estate in years, but the housing recovery still remains fragile and challenges remain, says Dave Liniger, RE/MAX co-founder and chairman.
Liniger recently offered up some of his predictions for the new year:
- More buyers and sellers return to the housing market.
- Home sales increase 6-7 percent while home prices increase 3-4 percent.
- Inventory of for-sale homes will hit bottom.
- Higher-priced listings begin to sell more.
- The number of distressed properties continues to drop.
- The shadow inventory continues to fall.
- Short sales rise, reaching a peak.
- Mortgage rates rise slightly by year's end from record lows.
- Lending remains constrained for home buyers.
- Home affordability remains at record highs.
Updated: June 22, 2018