The Best Industry to Work in? Real Estate
February 1, 2013
Real estate is the best industry to work in nationwide, according to the 2013 Top National Workplaces rankings by WorkplaceDynamics.
Despite real estate professionals facing a “down market for the past five years, they continue to love their jobs and the companies they work for,” according to a press release announcing the results. “REALTORS® and others working in the real estate industry appreciate that they have a great deal of control over their own destiny, a strong connection to their work, and a sense of personal accomplishment each and every day. All of which led them to highly rank their workplaces.”
The survey was conducted with 30 major newspapers across the country. It polled 1 million employees from 872 companies in generating a list of top workplaces in America. Rankings are based on employee responses to survey questions.
The survey of companies also revealed the top 150 companies to work for in America. Quicken Loans was at the top, but several real estate companies made the list, including the following:
- Keller Williams Realty, based in Austin, Texas – (Ranking: #9)
- William Raveis Real Estate, Mortgage & Insurance, based in Shelton, Conn. – (#32)
- Shorewest REALTORS®, based in Brookfield, Wis. – (#35)
- Baird & Warner Inc., based in Chicago, IL – (#43)
- Prudential Fox & Roach REALTORS®, based in Devon, Pa. (#57)
Updated: August 15, 2018