5 Tech Upgrades for Your Marketing
December 10, 2013
With more consumers seeking out listing photos or virtual tours, there are several technologies that could help real estate agents jazz up their marketing now — and in the future.
- Matterport's $4,500 camera allows agents to take photos of a room and transform them into a 3-D rendering that lets users walk through or fly above the floor plan.
- InFORM's Dynamic Shape Display will allow people to literally touch objects and market statistics.
- 3-D printers will make it easier for architects, interior designers, and others to better view spaces before they are built at full scale.
- MagicPlan automatically calculates the size of each wall with 95 percent accuracy using an agent's phone camera, with exact measurements calculated when paired with a Bluetooth laser meter. The 2-D model can then be uploaded to FloorPlanner to create a 3-D model at a cost of just $3 per floor plan.
- Google could one day apply the 3-D rendering of a home's interior on a map, letting users virtually sit in the living room.
Source: "5 Technologies That Push the Boundaries of Real Estate Marketing," Inman News (Dec. 9, 2013)
Copyright © 2013 Information Inc.
Updated: November 16, 2018