10 Most Popular Schools Viewed Online by Home Shoppers
August 20, 2014
The quality of schools is an important criterion among home buyers in finding a perfect home. In fact, millennial home shoppers say they’re ready to move to the suburbs if it means they can find quality elementary schools there, a new realtor.com® survey shows.
Realtor.com® analyzed the results of its search-by-school feature – which helps buyers filter local school information during their online house hunt – to determine the school districts that home buyers are looking at. Eight of the top 10 most popular schools viewed on realtor.com® are elementary schools.
The School Impact
“Local schools are clearly more important to specific population segments – such as today’s millennials, who either have or are planning to have children,” says Jonathan Smoke, realtor.com®’s chief economist. “High-ranking schools can have a positive impact on home values over time as new families pay a premium for access to better schools.”
The following are the top 10 schools that were viewed the most on realtor.com® in June:
- Lacrescent-Hokah Elementary School - Houston County, Minn.
- James Catholic School – Etowah County, Ala.
- Pine View School – Sarasota County, Fla.
- Harvest Christian Academy – Tarrant County, Texas
- Hendy Avenue School – Chemung County, N.Y.
- Bethel Elementary School – Pitt County, N.C.
- Celebration School – Osceola County, Fla.
- Viera High School – Brevard County, Fla.
- Malibu High School – Los Angeles County, Calif.
- Erpenbeck Elementary school – Boone County, Ky.
Updated: November 23, 2020