‘Green’ Is Important for Buyers
March 17, 2015
Green may be a popular color on St. Patrick’s Day, but decor and costumes aren't the only places we've been seeing the trend pop up. More home buyers are adding green home features to their wish list, according to the National Association of REALTORS®' 2014 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers and the 2015 Home Buyer and Seller Generational Trends reports.
Read more: Do Green Homes Fetch Higher Sales Prices?
Here's a look at the environmentally friendly home features that buyers rated as "very important" or "somewhat important" in their house hunting search:
- Heating and cooling costs: 86%
- Energy efficient appliances: 68%
- Energy efficient lighting: 66%
- Landscaping for energy conservation: 46%
- Environmentally friendly community features: 47%
- Solar panels installed on a home: 11%
Source:"St. Patrick’s Day: Green and Energy Efficient Home Features," National Association of REALTORS® Economists' Outlook blog (March 16, 2015)
Updated: November 23, 2020