These 20 Housing Markets Are Booming
June 2, 2015
Where is the housing market most on the upswing for buyers and sellers this spring? Realtor.com® recently analyzed 300 of the largest housing markets to come up with a list of the nation's 20 hottest real estate markets. The rankings are based on the number of views per listing on realtor.com® (which helps to gauge buyer demand) as well as the median age of inventory (to analyze the supply).
Read more: 20 Housing Markets That Are Heating Up
California cities made up half of the nation's 20 hottest real estate markets. But landing No. 1 on the list was Denver, which has seen limited inventories of homes for-sale at a time when it's seeing substantial economic growth and increased buyer demand.
Realtor.com® ranked the following 20 housing markets as the hottest in May:
- Denver-Aurora-Lakewood, Colo.
- San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward, Calif.
- San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, Calif.
- Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, Texas
- Vallejo-Fairfield, Calif.
- Boston-Cambridge-Newton, Mass.-N.H.
- Santa Cruz-Watsonville, Calif.
- Santa Rosa, Calif.
- Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Detroit-Warren-Dearborn, Mich.
- San Diego-Carlsbad, Calif.
- Sacramento-Roseville-Arden-Arcade, Calif.
- Boulder, Colo.
- Fargo, N.D.-MN
- Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, Calif.
- Austin-Round Rock, Texas
- Oxnard-Thousand Oaks-Ventura, Calif.
- Manchester-Nashua, N.H.
- Columbus, Ohio
- Stockton-Lodi, Calif.
Source: "The 20 Hottest U.S. Real Estate Markets in May 2015," realtor.com® (June 1, 2015)
Updated: February 14, 2020