The Best Times to Post on Social Media
November 11, 2015
Whether teasing up your recent blog post or reaching out to prospects or past clients, your social media outreach should be pegged to the time others are most likely to see it. TruConversion, a company behind a soon-to-debut app to help businesses optimize and track their social media results, recently shared with Forbes some insights into its research on social media posting.
Tapping Into Online
- Avoid times before 8 a.m. and after 8 p.m.
- The best times are 1–3 p.m. when activity, engagement, and happiness tend to be highest – particularly on Thursday and Fridays. Engagement and activity tends to peak on Friday afternoon. (For brands, Fridays generate 17 percent of all likes and 15 percent of all comments, and 15 percent of shares, according to TruConversion’s research.)
- Avoid times after 8 p.m. on any day.
- The best time for retweets is after 3 p.m., and the best overall time is 5 p.m.
- For businesses posting to consumers, the best times to tweet are on the weekends and on Wednesdays.
- Avoid new posts from 5–6 p.m.
- The best times are noon to 3 p.m. Activity and viewer engagement is shown to rise Thursday and continue through Sunday.
- The best times for activity and engagement are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, demonstrating that LinkedIn is more of a workday activity.
- Avoid new pins from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- The best time for most engagement tends to be from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the afternoon.
- If you pin while your viewers are active, you’ll be able to increase re-pins by 36 percent, according to research by Pintura.
Source: “For Brands and PR: When Is the Best Time to Post on Social Media?” Forbes (Nov. 8, 2015)
Updated: November 20, 2018