Boost Curb Appeal with $100 in 4 Easy Steps
February 8, 2016
Does your listing need a more inviting first impression from the outside? Stager Cora Sue Anthony with Antony Staging in Oakland, Calif., says you don’t have to break the bank to get an instant lift to a home’s curb appeal. In fact, in a short video she highlights how spending just $106 on some paint and a new light fixture could instantly amp up a home’s curb appeal.
Experts share staging tips at REALTOR® Magazine’s Styled, Staged & Sold blog.
Here are four steps that can entice buyers:
1. Paint the front door. Try out a bold color – such as red – to get buyers’ attention focused on the door.
2. Paint the mailbox. Try either red or black. Anthony says since she painted the home’s door red in the video example, she painted the mailbox the opposite color – black.
3. Paint the railings. Use black to add depth.
4. Change out the light fixture. Make sure the new light fixture matches the aesthetics of the home’s exterior, but this can dress up the outside while also brightening the space.
Need more help for sprucing up your listing’s exterior? Check out these helpful hints:
- Crafty Ideas for Winter Curb Appeal
- Curb Appeal: Staging for Streetview
- 5 Ways to Add Condo Curb Appeal
- Amp Up Curb Appeal: 5 Easy Steps
Source: “How to Get Curb Appeal on a Budget,” realtor.com® (Feb. 5, 2016)
Updated: June 20, 2018