5 Design Trends That Boost Your Website
April 19, 2016
Forbes.com recently highlighted several emerging design trends for websites that are aiding the user experience and may help you hook more visitors. If you’re looking to give your site an update, consider adding some of these trends:
1. Striking imagery: Capture visitors’ attention with an HD image that includes a call to action, which may increase your lead conversions, according to the Forbes.com article. “Since vision is the strongest human sense, HD hero images are one of the fastest ways to grab a user’s attention,” says Jerry Cao with Awwwards. “Thanks to advances in bandwidth and data compression, users won’t suffer from slow load times either.”
Read more: 50 Must-Have Features for Your Website
2. Impactful fonts: Revisit the typography you use on your site. You want it to be legible, but also let your typefaces have a stronger impact by using more artistic and calligraphic fonts against a minimal design backdrop.
3. Background videos and animations: Be careful because this will either enhance your page or distract the visitor. “A simple animated background can add visibility to a site, but should be used in moderation or it can be very distracting to the user,” says Cao. “The key is to work on individual sections or create a gentle movement of an entire image.”
4. Hover animations: This helps to get more clicks if users may be unsure about an item so they hover over it with their cursor instead of clicking on it. Hover animations provide users with instant feedback and teases what is behind the click. This allows users to browse without interruption.
5. Larger forms: Forms that take up the full screen tend to be easier for users to interact with and encourage users to focus on that individual screen than be tempted to click away elsewhere on the page.
Source: “9 Web Design Trends to Watch in 2016,” Forbes.com (April 17, 2016)
Updated: June 20, 2018