Choose Where to Live by Personality Type
June 20, 2016
Could your personality fit better in a different city? Realtor.com®’s research team used Myers & Briggs Foundation data (you know, the creators behind the Myers-Briggs popular personality test) to look at the most popular personality types in various American locales.
Read more: The Fastest-Growing Cities
Their research team took into account the best career options for the most prevalent personality types. They also analyzed various quality of life factors including affordability, and emerged with a defining list of cities that best fit certain personalities.
Take a look at their top city picks for each personality type:
- Characteristics: Dependable, practical, caring
- Top city choice: San Antonio, Texas
- Characteristics: Sociable, enthusiastic, warm
- Top city choice: Salt Lake City, Utah
- Characteristics: Conservative, organized, detailed
- Top city choice: Orlando, Fla.
- Characteristics: Gentle, aesthetic, observant
- Top city choice: Boise, Idaho
- Characteristics: Decisive, take charge, practical
- Top city choice: New York, N.Y.
- Characteristics: Spontaneous, fun-loving, resourceful
- Top city choice: Austin, Texas
- Characteristics: Insightful, creative, open
- Top city choice: St. Louis, Mo.
- Characteristics: Analytical, curious, hands-on
- Top city choice: Chicago, Ill.
Source: “Which American City Is the Perfect Match for Your Personality?” realtor.com® (June 20, 2016)
Updated: July 14, 2020