10 Ideas for Staying in Touch
June 9, 2017
Today is National Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Day. Yesterday was National Best Friend Day, and tomorrow is National Iced Tea Day.
Read more: Avoid These Rookie Online Marketing Mistakes
Yep, there’s a day for just about everything, but that also means there’s a marketing and client outreach opportunity just about every day.
Set a plan and a budget for reaching out to your sphere and new prospects each year, then peruse National Day Calendar for national days, week, and months of observance for marketing fodder. Here are 10 ideas for client outreach that go beyond the usual holidays as we enter the second half of 2017.
- June 22: Bring a box of chocolate éclair to a local office (full of employees who buy houses) on National Chocolate Éclair Day and leave a stack of business cards.
- June 27: Send sunglasses donning your logo on National Sunglasses Day to your buyers and sellers (because their future’s so bright).
- July 19: Throw a client appreciation cookout for National Hotdog Day.
- Aug. 1-7: Email tips on decluttering and home organization to your past clients during National Simplify Your Life Week.
- Second Saturday in August: Send tips to your sellers for a successful garage sale on National Garage Sale Day, or organize a neighborhood garage sale yourself.
- Sept. 29: Treat your past clients to a cup of coffee on National Coffee Day, or cover their coffee with a gift card to a local coffee shop.
- October: Sponsor a local animal shelter or host a fundraising event for Adopt a Shelter Dog Month.
- Oct. 31: Besides being Hallowing, Oct. 31 is also National Caramel Apple Day. Invite your sphere to pick up free caramel apples at your office, or deliver them to their homes.
- Nov. 7-13: Offer to write Santa letters to your clients’ children for Dear Santa Letter Week.
- Dec. 20: Host a get together for National Sangria Day at a local restaurant that serves this drink. Toast to the holidays and the year ahead.
—Erica Christoffer, REALTOR® Magazine
Source: National Day Calendar
Updated: August 16, 2019