Realtor.com® Updates Make Searches More Seamless
July 20, 2018
Realtor.com® launched several enhancements to its website this week, aiming to make home searches faster and enable users to more easily compare listings side-by-side. The updates include the ability to view more listings per page, an updated design, and faster website load times. “Mobile is our fastest-growing platform, and our new web experience is designed to make it even simpler for people to search for homes on the go,” says Suhail Ansari, realtor.com®’s chief technology officer. “Consumers can now seamlessly transition from one listing to another, browse property photos on a single page, and easily connect to a real estate professional.”
Among the site’s new features are:
- More listings per page. Users can now view 48 listing per page on a desktop computer, an increase from 15, and 60 listings per page on the mobile site, up from 50. Visitors also can make visual comparisons between listings.
- Website loads up to 10 times faster. The speed of navigating between search results and listings has improved.
- Timing of new listings and open houses. Users can see how many hours ago a listing was added to the site and the date of any upcoming open houses.
- Updated design. Listing page sections, such as “property details” and “property history,” are collapsed to ease navigation.
- Immersive photo gallery experience. Mobile users will now see all listing photos on a single page rather than needing to swipe through each photo.
Updated: August 17, 2018