NAR-Backed Tech Accelerator Named Among Best in Nation
December 14, 2018
For the second consecutive year, REach―the growth technology accelerator operated by the National Association of REALTORS®’ strategic investment arm, Second Century Ventures―has been named one of the top accelerators in the country by the U.S. Seed Accelerator Rankings Project. The rankings were compiled by researchers from MIT, Rice University, and the University of Richmond in Virginia. Researchers evaluated hundreds of programs that market themselves as accelerators.
SARP reviewed performance metrics and solicited feedback from more than 150 startup accelerators. Twenty-five accelerators across the country were recognized.
REach focuses on real estate–related industries in early to mid-growth stages. The program offers nine months of education, mentorship, and exposure within the industry to the companies that are selected. Past companies in the accelerator program have, on average, doubled their customer base and collectively raised more than $300 million in financing during and after the program.
“The growth and innovative strategy of the REach program has allowed NAR and its members to stay ahead of the constant technological changes in the real estate market,” says NAR CEO Bob Goldberg. “For the REach program to be recognized as one of the top accelerators in the country for a second straight year is an honor and we look forward to growing the program further to benefit REALTORS® and their businesses.”
Applications for the 2019 class are now being accepted at narreach.com/apply. Applications will be accepted through Jan. 31, 2019.
The 2018 REach Class
- Active Pipe: Provides an email marketing automation platform for the real estate industry.
- BoxBrownie.com: Offers high-quality photo editing, virtual staging, floor plan redraws, and computer-generated imagery, or CGI, renders at competitive prices.
- CurbCall: Offers a mobile, on-demand lead routing technology that allows agents to instantly and safely connect with consumers.
- Glide: Provides professional, full-service transaction coordination backed by modern technology, which saves time, enhances compliance, and dramatically improves client service.
- Hurdlr: Like a Fitbit for agents’ financial performance, Hurdlr helps agents hit their income goals by providing automated tracking and proactive guidance.
- RealKey: Offers a browser-based transaction management system that brings all parts of homebuying and getting a mortgage into a single unified portal where all communication, updates, information, and documentation collection are automated.
- Quigler: Delivers a compliance checklist in an agent app, which gives consumers process transparency, accountability, and instantaneous communication.
- zavvie: Offers a turnkey hyperlocal marketing system for agents, teams, and brokerages that helps generate listings and increases commissions.
Updated: June 17, 2019