2019’s Most Powerful People in Real Estate
January 16, 2019
Who are the influencers to watch in real estate? The 2019 Swanepoel Power 200 list is out, which ranks the most powerful leaders in the residential real estate brokerage industry.
The Swanepoel Power 200 list's rankings are based on the leadership, industrywide activities, and the potential impact that the recognized leaders can have on the real estate market. T3 Sixty, the research and management consulting firm that releases the rankings each year, analyzed those criteria for more than 3,000 industry CEOs, executives, and leaders to compile this year’s rankings.
Here are the top 10 from the 2019 SP200 list:
- Ron Peltier, chairman and CEO of HomeServices of America
- Gary Keller, co-founder and CEO of Keller Williams
- Spencer Rascoff, CEO of the Zillow Group
- Ryan Schneider, president and CEO of Realogy Holdings Corp.
- Glenn Kelman, president and CEO of Redfin
- Robert Reffkin and Ori Allon, co-founders of Compass
- Robert “Bob” Goldberg, CEO of the National Association of REALTORS®
- Adam Contos, CEO of RE/MAX
- John Peyton, president and CEO of Realogy Franchise Group
- Howard “Hoddy” Hanna and Helen Hanna Casey, chairman and CEO of Hanna Holdings
Several National Association of REALTORS® leaders made this year’s list, including NAR CEO Bob Goldberg (No. 7); Bill Malkasian, chief advocacy officer and senior vice president (No. 39); John Smaby, NAR president (No. 51); Katie Johnson, senior vice president and general counsel (No. 65); Lawrence Yun, NAR’s chief economist (No. 73); and Mark Birschbach, senior vice president in charge of Second Century Ventures, NAR’s tech accelerator program, and more (No. 143). Others with NAR connections who were recognized include Ryan O’Hara, who leads Move.com, which operates realtor.com® (No. 15); Georg Gerstenfeld, vice president and general manager at DocuSign (No. 137); Dave Garland, CEO of Second Century Ventures (No. 188); and Susan Mueller, senior vice president with Move Inc. (No. 193).
View the full list of 200 leaders and more about their accomplishments at T360.com.
Updated: August 22, 2019