6th REALTOR® University Graduating Class Earns Degrees
May 21, 2019
Ten graduates received their Master of Real Estate diplomas from REALTOR® University on Friday during the REALTORS® Legislative Meetings & Trade Expo in Washington, D.C., marking the school’s sixth graduating class. The graduates include residential and commercial real estate practitioners who balanced their studies with busy jobs as agents and brokers.
REALTOR® University was established by the National Association of REALTORS® in 2011 and received accreditation from the Distance Education Accrediting Commission in 2016. REALTOR® University is the only accredited institution of higher education focused exclusively on real estate.
“As people, we need to learn how to handle things from cradle to grave,” said commencement speaker Candace Cooke, a former REALTOR® University student who has earned two Master of Real Estate degrees in different focus areas. Cooke said the rigorous curriculum presents a challenge that helps graduates learn their extent of their abilities. “May you take this moment to push others up, not down. Turn your focus to your natural gift and the extra time you have on your hands now that you have accomplished this, and give it to others not so fortunate.”
This year’s REALTOR® University graduates are:
- Asa Fleming, AHWD, SFR, Allen Tate, REALTORS®, Raleigh, N.C.
- Andrea Frymire, Oklahoma Investment Realty Inc., Oklahoma City
- Jose Payne King, P K Realty & Associates, Chula Vista, Calif.
- Everth Maradiaga, AHWD, e-PRO®, E Realty, West New York, N.J.
- Michele Messina, RE/MAX Villa, REALTORS®, Edgewater, N.J.
- Valeska Nemetz, BPOR, John Balfanz Homes, Inc., Bakersfield, Calif.
- David Oddo, CCIM, Crowne Point Equity, Anaheim, Calif.
- Ryan Olson, CRS, GRI, Coldwell Banker River Valley, REALTORS®, Onalaska, Wis.
- Michelle Walker, CIPS, SRES, STL Buy & Sell, REALTORS®, St. Peters, Mo.
- Melvin Wilson, Mel Wilson & Associates, Northridge, Calif.