NAR Looks to Expand Investments in Tech Startups Globally
June 20, 2019
Second Century Ventures, the National Association of REALTORS®’ strategic investment arm, announced this week that it will be expanding its tech startup accelerator internationally. Through its Reach accelerator program, Second Century will support the growth of the most promising new technologies in the real estate industry across the globe.
“Expanding the NAR Reach accelerator program outside the U.S. will further NAR’s vision of creating a dynamic, competitive real estate market that will help NAR advance our members-first mission and drive innovation in real estate technology around the world,” says Bob Goldberg, NAR’s CEO and president of Second Century Ventures.
One of the first targets globally for expanding the Reach program will be in Australia. Technology and capital are evolving at a rapid pace in Australia, similar to the U.S., says Shelli Trung, expert Proptech VC investor and tech founder who will lead the Australia expansion of the program. “With the success of current and alumni Reach companies with Australian-born operations—Rate My Agent, BoxBrownie, and ActivePipe—we are excited to begin our expansion efforts with Reach Australia,” adds Dave Garland, managing director of Second Century Ventures. “By expanding globally, Reach will increase the depth of our exceptional network of real estate industry professionals, strategic partners, investors, mentors, and innovators responsible for shaping change.”
Applications for Reach Australia will open July 15. For more information, visit narreach.com.
Second Century’s Reach accelerator program provides early stage companies with high growth potential through exclusive access to mentorship, industry events, and exposure within the real estate industry. The Reach program has been recognized as a top accelerator by the Seed Accelerator Rankings Project.
Meet the NAR Reach Class of 2019
- Amarki: A seamless, automated marketing platform that helps real estate professionals integrate their systems in one place;
- Curbio: A solution to help agents deliver results for home sellers through ROI-focused, pay-at-close renovations;
- Evocalize: A platform that aims to simplify digital marketing tasks and help brokerages and agents deliver highly personalized social media advertising;
- Kleard: A safety and productivity app that provides real-time verification for open houses and showings;
- Propy: An end-to-end real estate transaction management platform that facilitates safe, fast, and simple real estate transactions entirely online;
- RateMyAgent: A digital marketing tool designed to help agents easily collect, share, and promote verified client feedback;
- reConsortia: An open, crowd sourced referral consortium that sets out to build transparency, enhance professionalism, and provide an improved customer experience;
- Staging & Design Network: The first-ever online shared rental pool for home furnishings built for the real estate and home staging communities.
Updated: July 23, 2019