T3 Sixty Ranks Largest Real Estate Companies of 2020
April 8, 2020
Last year was a good year for many real estate firms, particularly a year of big growth for firms like Compass, eXp World Holdings, and Hanna Holdings, which saw the largest sales volume production increases in 2019, according to a new report from T3 Sixty, a residential real estate consulting firm.
Still, Realogy Holdings Corp. again ranked as the nation’s largest residential real estate company based on a 2019 sales volume of $504.21 billion.
T3 Sixty, a residential real estate consulting firm, released its 2020 rankings of the largest enterprise real estate companies, including holding companies and franchisers, by 2019 sales volume, transaction sides, and agent counts.
Overall, the nation’s largest real estate companies increased market share by 6.83% in 2019 over the past two years.
“The Real Estate Almanac gives the industry unprecedented insight into who is who, which companies are achieving business success and how new business models are exploding,” says T3 Sixty CEO Stefan Swanepoel.
Here are more findings from T3 Sixty’s report.
5 Companies With the Largest 2019 Sales Volume
- Realogy: $504.21 billion (down 1.44% from 2018)
- Keller Williams Realty: $336.59 billion (up 4.51% from 2018)
- RE/MAX: $269.93 billion (up 2.78% from 2018)
- HomeServices of America: $206.08 billion (down 0.91% from 2018)
- Compass: $91.27 billion (up 100.40%)
3 Companies With the Largest Year-Over-Year Growth
- Compass: up 100.4%, attributed to big acquisitions over the year
- eXp World Holdings: up 82.63%, due largely to organic growth
- Hanna Holdings: up 35.79%, due to the Allen Tate merger that closed in 2019
5 Franchise Brands With the Top 2019 Sales Volume
Franchise numbers include production from all franchisees, affiliates, and company-owned stores operating under the same brand. Note: Realogy is broken up into separate franchises: Coldwell Banker, Sotheby’s, Century 21, ERA Real Estate, Better Homes and Gardens, and Corcoran.
- Keller Williams Realty: $336.59 billion
- RE/MAX: $269.93 billion
- Coldwell Banker Real Estate: $240.12 billion
- Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices: $115.43 billion
- Sotheby’s International Realty: $102.29 billion
Nation’s Largest Holding Companies
- Redfin: 34.3 transaction sides per agent
- RE/MAX: 15.9 transaction sides per agent
- Windermere: 12.1 transaction sides per agent
- Hanna Holdings: 11.7 transaction sides per agent
- John L. Scott: 11.6 transaction sides per agent
Updated: May 20, 2022