8 Tech Companies Selected for NAR’s Inaugural REACH Canada Class
October 15, 2020
Second Century Ventures, the strategic investment arm of the National Association of REALTORS®, has chosen eight startups for its inaugural REACH Canada accelerator class. From virtual staging tools to e-signature platforms, the companies chosen are poised to make a big impact on the real estate industry.
Second Century Ventures, a global venture fund in real estate technology, has more than 100 portfolio companies worldwide. It operates REACH in five major markets to help startups launch and accelerate high growth in the real estate, financial services, banking, home services, and insurance industries. NAR began offering two new global REACH programs earlier this year in Canada and the U.K.
“This year has highlighted the significant impact that technology has and will continue to have on the real estate industry,” says NAR’s CEO Bob Goldberg, also president of Second Century Ventures. “With the help of virtual staging tools, e-signature platforms, remote notarization, and even moving services, REALTORS® and consumers have been able to continue to list and close transactions in the midst of a year unlike any other. NAR’s ability to find the world’s most promising and productive new technologies through programs like REACH will help REALTORS® navigate the current market and build their businesses for the years ahead.”
Companies selected for the REACH Canada 2020 class have raised more than $50 million in capital and represent a market capitalization of more than $180 million. REACH Canada will offer the companies mentorship, education, a curated insight panel, exclusive networking opportunities, and exposure within the global real estate marketplace.
The eight companies selected for REACH Canada 2020 are:
- Local Logic: Artificial intelligence that matches people to places.
- HonestDoor: Accurate, free advanced data analytics for real estate professionals and consumers.
- Setter: Home management hub that provides convenience and peace of mind for home care and maintenance.
- Key: A patent-pending model to help prospective homeowners move in and begin building home equity years sooner.
- RentMoola: A cloud platform that empowers property managers and renters to take control of their ﬁnances through a simple and secure digital solution.
- BrokerAssist: On-demand agent-to-agent referral network and collaborative marketplace for real estate professionals.
- Parkbench: Sales and marketing platform helping real estate professionals build relationships and business in a specific geographic area.
- Clik.ai: AI-powered workflow and due-diligence automation for banks, asset managers, and CRE investment firms.
Updated: October 29, 2020