CEO and Other NAR Leaders Make the 2021 Swanepoel Power 200 List
January 12, 2021
This year’s Swanepoel Power 200 list includes REALTOR® association leaders, brokerage and MLS executives, and real estate tech innovators and executives from across the residential real estate spectrum. Featured executives have embraced disruption and growth and have provided strong guidance as the nation grapples with the COVID-19 pandemic and forges a new direction on equity and inclusion.
For the fourth straight year, CEO Bob Goldberg has been ranked in the top 10. President Charlie Oppler, CEO of Prominent Properties Sotheby’s International Realty in New Jersey, was also named to the list, as were several of NAR’s senior executives. The SP200 list, released Tuesday, is from T3 Sixty, a consulting and research firm for the residential real estate industry. “Despite the complexities and craziness of 2020, many NAR leaders stepped up, and were willing to do what it takes to serve their members and the real estate brokerage industry at large,” says T3 Sixty Chairman and CEO Stefan Swanepoel.
“NAR's commitment to improving diversity and making the industry a more balanced and represented profession is also highly commendable.” Overall, the rankings are based on several factors, including an individual’s achievements, position within the organization, and decision-making power, as well as the organization’s significance. Nominations for Power 200 are accepted, but the majority of the 3,000 or so people reviewed and considered come from T3 Sixty’s own database and ongoing research of the industry.
“Many executives work hard every day to manage their companies,” Swanepoel says. “The ones included in the annual SP 200 this year are the leaders that stood out during 2020 as the most influential and impactful in the industry. While we honor them with their inclusion on the SP200 for 2021, we also acknowledge the tens of thousands of other leaders that also stood up and made a difference when the industry needed them.”
The following are the real estate leaders who topped the rankings of the SP200:
- Richard Barton, Zillow Group co-founder and CEO
- Gary Keller, Keller Williams Realty co-founder and KWx executive chairman
- Ryan Schneider, Realogy Holdings Corp. president and CEO
- Gino Blefari, HomeServices of America CEO and Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices chairman
- Glenn Sanford, eXp World Holdings founder and CEO
- Glenn Kelman, Redfin president and CEO
- Robert Reffkin/Ori Allon, Compass co-founders
- Bob Goldberg, CEO of the National Association of REALTORS®
- Adam Contos, RE/MAX CEO
- Eric Wu, Opendoor co-founder and CEO
In addition to Goldberg and Oppler, among the REALTOR® organization leaders on the SP200 were:
Power 200 Rank #8: Bob Goldberg, CEO of NAR
- Power 200 Rank #37: Shannon McGahn, NAR’s chief advocacy officer
- Power 200 Rank #45: Katie Johnson, NAR senior vice president and general counsel
- Power 200 Rank #51: Charlie Oppler, NAR’s 2021 president
- Power 200 Rank #99: Lawrence Yun, NAR’s chief economist
- Power 200 Rank #125: Mark Birschbach, NAR’s senior vice president of strategic business, innovation & technology
- Power 200 Rank #163: Michelle Mills Clement, Chief Executive Officer, Chicago Association of Realtors
- Power 200 Rank #167: Victoria Gillespie, NAR’s chief marketing and communications officer
- Power 200 Rank #183: Dave Garland, Managing Partner, Second Century Ventures
The list also includes several MLS executives, as well as Sam DeBord, CEO of the Real Estate Standards Organization, an industry nonprofit that oversees real estate data standards development and implementation.
Updated: March 05, 2021