10 Areas With the Most Homebuilding Activity
September 20, 2021
Even though builders have been saddled with higher material costs and labor and lot woes, homebuilding has been on the rise over the past year. Single-family permits, a gauge measuring future construction, have jumped about 30% from July 2020 to July of this year. The permits have increased in all four major regions of the U.S., led by the Northeast and the South, according to the National Association of Home Builders’ analysis posted on its Eye on Housing blog.
The following 10 metro areas have issued the highest number of single-family permits over the past year:
- Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land, Texas
- Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, Texas
- Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Roswell, Ga.
- Austin-Round Rock, Texas
- Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, Fla.
- Charlotte-Concord-Gastonia, N.C.-S.C.
- Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford, Fla.
- Nashville-Davidson-Murfreesboro-Franklin, Tenn.
- Jacksonville, Fla.
“July Single-Family Permit Gains,” National Association of Home Builders’ Eye on Housing blog (Sept. 17, 2021)
Updated: October 27, 2021