10 Canadian Innovations Targeting Global Real Estate
October 7, 2021
Tech tools that help brokers and real estate professionals leverage data and content in new ways and increase their efficiency and transparency in the real estate transaction are among the 10 companies that were selected for the REACH Canada Class of 2022. Second Century Ventures, the strategic investment arm of the National Association of REALTORS®, announced its most recent class of tech startups on Thursday.
“The REACH program has a proven track record of bringing cutting-edge technology to the forefront of the real estate landscape,” says Bob Goldberg, NAR’s CEO and Second Century Ventures president. “From the beginning, our goal has been to help propel emerging firms into the global market, which in turn will help thousands of small businesses, millions of REALTORS® and consumers everywhere.”
Second Century Ventures, an award-winning global venture fund in real estate technology, has more than 150 portfolio companies. It operates REACH in the U.S., Australia, Canada, and the United Kingdom. The program provides mentorship and guidance to companies selected for REACH, which offer tech solutions in real estate, financing, banking, home services, and insurance.
The companies accepted for the 2022 REACH Canada class have raised more than $51 million (U.S. dollars) in capital. They represent a market capitalization of more than $140 million, according to Second Century Ventures.
“The 2022 Canada cohort offers an impressive range of diverse solutions, demonstrating that technology truly has no borders,” says Lynette Keyowski, managing partner of REACH Canada.
The following 10 companies were selected for the REACH Canada Class of 2022:
- Perch: An analytics platform that helps optimize a prospective buyer's path to homeownership alongside the real estate professional, from the first purchase and beyond.
- Simplicity Global Solutions: Automates and digitizes workflows for the North American mortgage lending ecosystem.
- Rental Beast: A large database of national rental listings and offers proprietary technology for matching the right properties to the right tenants.
- Openn: Digital sales process and platform that aims to help real estate professionals facilitate more transparent property sales.
- Urbanimmersive: A 3D marketing platform that offers full visual content creation and aims to increase productivity for real estate professionals
- SmartAlto: An integrated lead qualification solution that helps agents schedule five times more appointments.
- Loft47: An automated commission management platform that provides complete, compliant financial functionality.
- Roomvu: An AI-powered, automated video marketing platform for real estate professionals, which produces and publishes video content to an agent’s social media channels.
- Rise: A resource platform in sustainable home improvement that offers knowledge-based, unbiased resources to support the procurement of sustainable products.
- Watrix: A fully autonomous water leak detector that offers detection, monitoring, and mitigation to lower environmental impact.
Learn more about the companies selected for the REACH Canada program and how you can get involved at www.narreach.ca.
Updated: December 01, 2021