Where to Find Deepest Seasonal Discounts on Homes
October 12, 2021
Home buyers nationwide tend to see the lowest premiums during October and during the winter months, according to a new analysis from ATTOM Data Solutions, a real estate data firm, of more than 33 million single-family home and condo sales over the past eight years.
Buyers may be more likely to find the deepest discounts in certain states during certain months of the year. ATTOM Data Solutions’ study reveals when. Most states see these opportunities in winter, but buyers in Hawaii should prepare for June as the summer heat begins.
The states that see the biggest discounts below full market value are:
- Delaware: –7.9% in February
- Tennessee: –7% in January
- New Jersey: –4.9% in February
- Maryland: –4.8% in November
- Ohio: –4.8% in January
- Michigan: –4.1% in November
- Hawaii: –4% in June
- Connecticut: –3.5% in December
- Illinois: –3.1% in February
- New Hampshire: –3.1% in January
Updated: October 15, 2021