5 Papers You’ll Need to Renegotiate a Troubled Mortgage
April 1, 2008
If you have clients facing a potential foreclosure, help them help themselves by assembling the following, as suggested by the Federal Housing Administration.
1. Loan number and recent payment history
2. A brief explanation of their circumstances. Are their financial problems temporary (for example, a cut in job hours or the illness of a family member) or permanent?
3. Recent income documentation, including pay stubs or tax returns
4. A list of household expenses — utility bills, food, insurance
5. A list of other debt obligations — credit cards, car loans
For more advice on avoiding foreclosure, visit www.fha.gov/foreclosure.