Tom Berge, Jr. works for the Berge Company in Alhambra, Calif. Learn more and find contact information at tombergejr.com.
Data Privacy, AI, Cryptocurrency, and More on MLS Advisory Board Agenda
Be heard! Weigh in on the discussion topics for the next MLS Technology and Emerging Issues Advisory Board meeting.
March 2, 2018
Twice a year, NAR’s MLS Technology and Emerging Issues Advisory Board gets together to consider major issues confronting MLSs. Their next meeting, scheduled for March 8 and 9 in Chicago, will help determine whether the advisory board should recommend action to the Multiple Listing Issues and Policies Committee when it meets at the 2018 Legislative Meetings & Trade Expo in Washington D.C. this spring.
Here’s what the advisory group will be discussing this month:
- Data privacy and a concept known as “right to be forgotten”
- The current and future roles of artificial intelligence and cryptocurrency in real estate
- The upcoming July 1 deadline to implement local changes for MLS Policy Statements 7.42 and 7.43, also known as MLS of choice, which will establish a waiver for subscription fees for qualifying licensees
- Possible changes in MLS policy to create a waiver of commercial information exchange subscription fees, similar to MLS of choice for residential practitioners referenced above
- A new NAR video series about SEO fundamentals featuring Rand Fishkin
We’d love to hear what you think about these technology issues and others facing MLSs. Please leave a comment below to join the conversation, or send questions and comments about the topics to MLS@realtors.org.
2018 Chairman of the MLS Technology and Emerging Issues Advisory Board
Updated: July 24, 2019