2010 List Issue: Your Best Ideas
There's more than one way to succeed in real estate, and here's the proof: Hundreds of tips, most from real estate professionals around the country, gathered into one jam-packed issue of REALTOR® Magazine. Some call it crowdsourcing, others call it user-generated content. We call it a timely collection of ideas that can help you raise the bar on your career.
April 1, 2010
Sales & Marketing
Tough times mean tricky transactions, but professional courtesy helps deals move along more smoothly. Plus: Community contacts that lead to referrals, advice for one-on-one networking, and more.
- 4 Marketing Strategies in the Age of 'Do Not Call'
- First-Time Buyers: What Research Tells Us
- 5 Customer Brochures You Can Download
- Too Busy for the Gym? Get Fit on the Go
- Tips for Successful One-on-One Meetings
- Your Most Creative Marketing Ideas
- What Customers Like About You
- 5 People You Need to Know for Referrals
- Professionalism in Tough Times
The importance of property photos can't be overstated, but did you know you can get high-quality images with your cell phone? Plus: Find more fans on Facebook, learn shortcuts for your Mac, and more.
- Take Great Photos With Your Phone
- 6 Mobile Apps to Download Now
- Finding the Right Contact Management System
- 6 Tips & Tricks for a Mac
- Social Networking Dos & Don'ts
- Find More Fans on Facebook
Home & Design
Make condos and townhomes stand apart from similar units on the market. Plus: How to give your listings scent appeal, what to ask a home stager before partnering up, and more.
- 5 Ways to Add Condo Curb Appeal
- How to Spot Common Energy Leaks
- Good Smells, Bad Smells
- How Do You Create Scent Appeal?
- Showing Tips for Sellers
- 7 Ways to Get Your Home Office in Order
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Home Stager
Law & Ethics
Social media is a fabulous tool for building relationships, but watch out for legal and ethical risks. Plus: The ethics of short sales, how to avoid being tripped up by slip-and-fall lawsuits, and more.
- Short Sales Ethics: 6 Temptations to Avoid
- 5 Risks of Social Media
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Client Data Secure
- Know Your Slip-and-Fall Liability
- How to Handle Unethical Behavior in the Workplace
Dealing with high vacancies? You'll appreciate innovative solutions for finding strong tenants. Plus: A fresh approach to negotiating, which commercial sectors have the brightest outlook, and more.
- The Top Growth Markets in Commercial
- Hot Niches Worth Exploring
- Why You'll Welcome Inflation
- Getting a Commercial Loan: What Borrowers Need to Know
- 6 Steps to Becoming a Better Negotiator
- Property Management: 9 Essential Qualities
- 5 Creative Solutions for Empty Spaces
Boost your bottom line with seven tips for renegotiating your office lease. Also: Keep your top performers happy, learn how to tell if prospective recruits will be a good fit, and more.
- How to Let Go of a Weak Sales Associate
- Tips for Taking Your Career to the Next Level
- 9 Ways to Lower the Stress in Your Office
- 4 Ways to Keep Top Performers Happy
- Is Training Better In Person or Online?
- 7 Budgeting Mistakes to Avoid
- 7 Tips for Negotiating a Better Office Lease
- Qualities of a Successful Salesperson
- A Broker's Story: My Quest to be Paperless
Updated: January 26, 2021