Crude Summer: Gulf Coast Contacts & Resources
A list of claims facilities and resources for individuals and businesses impacted by the Gulf oil spill.
September 1, 2010
The BP claims process was transitioned to the new Gulf Coast Claims Facility on Monday, Aug. 23, 2010 for review, evaluation, and determination. Starting on this date, all individuals and businesses filing a claim related to the Gulf oil spill can do so online at www.GulfCoastClaimsFacility.com, by e-mail at email@example.com, or by calling the toll-free number 1-800-916-4893 to receive a copy of the claim form by U.S. mail (TTY: 1-866-682-1758).
Real estate professionals whose businesses may have been affected by the spill should contact their respective state associations regarding claims:
- Alabama Association of REALTORS®
- Florida REALTORS®
- Louisiana REALTORS® Association
- Mississippi Association of REALTORS®
- Texas Association of REALTORS®
More information on BP's state and local response efforts in the Gulf:
- Louisiana: www.louisianagulfresponse.com
- Mississippi: www.ms-response.com
- Alabama: www.alabamagulfresponse.com
- Florida: www.floridagulfresponse.com
Public Information Resources and Hotlines:
- Environment and Community Hotline: To report oil on the beach, shoreline, or other environment or community impacts, call 866-448-5816.
- Wildlife: To report and access care for oiled wildlife, call 866-557-1401.
- Volunteers: To request volunteer information, call 866-448-5816.
- Services: To register as a consultant, contractor, vendor, or to submit information on alternative response technology, services, products, or suggestions, call 281-366-5511.
- Vessel of Opportunity Program: To report and register boats available to assist with the response, call 866-279-7983 or 877-847-7470.
Updated: July 15, 2020