Free Marketing Communications Tools
Check out these tools that can help shape your online communications — they don’t cost a thing.
March 28, 2014
Before you spend any money, make sure you’re taking full advantage of tools that are freely available to you. To make each an effective communications channel, it’s worth a considerable investment of time and effort.
These are the most popular blog platforms; they provide free tools for managing and editing blog posts and comments as well as incorporating graphicsinto articles. WordPress.com is a platform that lets you create a basic blog that’s hosted on the site. WordPress.org provides a free software program you can download for designing and managing a customized blog with many more features, but it requires your own hosting account.
In This Guide:
NAR Tools for REALTORS®
Membership in the National Association of REALTORS® entitles you to several free tools for more effective communications online.
- The REALTOR® blogging platform is a free platform for designing and managing a REALTOR® Featured Blog on realtor.com®, where posts may be featured on the “Let’s Talk Real Estate” section of the site for consumers.
- REALTOR® Content Resource, powered by HouseLogic, lets you easily add ready-to-use home ownership articles to your consumer communications to build relationships with clients before, during, and long after the sale.
- The Social Connections Facebook app integrates the social networking in your marketing plans with real-time information on your market area, activity, and housing inventory.
- Electronic newsletters give you free, personally branded Housing Trends electronic newsletters for distribution to clients by e-mail.
- Branded apps are for owners of iOS and Android devices with the realtor.com® mobile search app, customized with your personal contact information.
A variety of free and inexpensive tools and templates help you create a basic website as the hub of your online marketing efforts. Some include limited hosting, and most offer upgrade options for an extra cost.
- SimpleSite is a three-step solution for easily building a site from a selection of design themes and templates. Then you can add your content.
- GoogleSites is Google’s app for building a template or custom-designed site that is hosted on Google’s servers. It comes with optional integration with a Gmail account and Google Calendar.
- Microsoft Webmatrix, available as a free download, provides a suite of tools for creating and managing a sophisticated website.
- Quick ’n Easy Web Builder, $29.95, provides tools for building and publishing a full website with many customizable features, without requiring any understanding of HTML coding.