Christina Hoffmann is the content manager for consumer homeownership, buying, and selling site HouseLogic.com, which is produced by NAR.
8 Resources to Keep You Top-of-mind With Consumers
If your to-do list has long included finding consumer content, you can now check that box.
September - October
This list of free resources will set you up with a library of actionable, useful information for your social feeds, newsletters, and websites:
- REALTOR® Content Resource: The members-only companion to NAR’s consumer website HouseLogic, RCR is a robust index of engaging, expertly sourced homeowning, buying, and selling articles and infographics you can plug right into your communications. From tips on home improvement, organizing, and tax planning to brandable buying and selling guides, use HouseLogic content to show prospects and clients how much value you add at every stage of the homeownership cycle. Review the reprint rights, too.
- Handouts for Customers: You’ll find even more buyer, seller, and owner how-to content on tap at REALTOR® Magazine Online. The articles, glossaries, and worksheets will make great foundational content for your website.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: To reduce consumer confusion, NAR urged the CFPB to consolidate federal pandemic mortgage relief assistance, renter protection, and scam resource links in one spot. The result is this helpful site chock full of actionable information. Find the steps to follow, questions to ask, and sources you and your clients can trust. The “What You Need to Know About Forbearance” video alone is worth sharing.
- Protect Your Investment: Brand and share NAR’s interactive PDF for consumers outlining some options for mortgage relief—repayment plans, forbearance, and loan modification. The guide, also available in Spanish, includes housing counseling resources, scam alerts, and information on how a REALTOR® can help during this time.
- Protect Your Credit: The CARES Act provisions protect consumer credit scores during the national emergency. But consumers must understand their credit rights and responsibilities to benefit from those protections. Brand and share this English-Spanish guide for good credit health.
- NAR.realtor/coronavirus: NAR maintains a vast repository of regularly updated COVID-19 business and advocacy guidance just for you. And for your clients? There’s a property owners’ section with a comprehensive index of government agency (Federal Housing Authority, Internal Revenue Service, Veterans Affairs, you name it) resources. The entire property owner section is shareable as an interactive PDF.
- Homeownership Matters: NAR’s advocacy site for homeowners and aspiring homeowners keeps consumers up on important property rights issues like housing affordability. Here, you can find and share links to articles for first-time buyers, plus national, state, and local real estate news.
- The 2020 Census: Strong census participation is critical to help secure federal funding for schools, hospitals, fire departments, and the infrastructure that supports new homes and businesses. Use the power of your marketing channels to share infographics that explain why the census is important and the convenient ways folks can complete the survey by Oct. 31.