How to Build Web Site Content
April 1, 2008
- Partner with local city guides. Include links to such guides or information from them, if they allow that, to tell visitors about local services and amenities such as restaurants and theaters.
- Partner with local clubs and civic groups. Put their contact information or links on your site.
- Include people with whom you have relationships. Local inspectors, handymen, and others can be listed and can contribute copy about their areas of expertise.
- Find people writing about your market. If you specialize in a particular neighborhood in a big city, find bloggers writing about that area and link with them. If you’re in a small town, find local bloggers and ask to exchange links with them.
- Link with local government sites. These can direct readers to needed civic services and include demographic and other important local information.