Fair Housing Compliance Checklist
Use this checklist to make sure you’re complying with the Fair Housing Act.
If you answer “no” to any of the questions below, consider adjusting your practices accordingly.
- Do you have a written fair housing policy?
- Do you publicize your commitment to fair housing in your office and in your advertising to clients?
- Is fair housing training required in your company?
- Have you developed procedures to provide equal professional service?
- Do you review your offices' compliance with your procedures regularly?
- Do you have a corrective action policy?
- Do you regularly review and modify your procedures to respond to changes in fair housing laws and to correct deficiencies in your office?
- Do you have a way to gather feedback from customers and prospects?
Notice: The information on this page may not be current. The archive is a collection of content previously published on one or more NAR web properties. Archive pages are not updated and may no longer be accurate. Users must independently verify the accuracy and currency of the information found here. The National Association of REALTORS® disclaims all liability for any loss or injury resulting from the use of the information or data found on this page.