12 Things Every Transaction File Should Have
You'll want to make sure to include these items in every completed sales transaction file. Be sure these 12 items are included in every completed sales transaction file:
- Listing agreement, including comparable market analysis.
- Signed or acknowledged agency disclosure form, if applicable.
- Property condition disclosure form, if applicable.
- All marketing materials, including print and digital ads.
- Relocation or referral information, if applicable.
- Correspondence and phone logs with buyers, sellers, and other parties to the transaction.
- Inspection reports, if applicable.
- Lead paint or other hazardous materials disclosure forms, if applicable.
- Copy of purchase contract and addenda.
- Copies of invoices for any repair work completed that was required for the sale.
- Settlement statement (HUD-1 Form), if available.
- Escrow account records relating to the transaction.
Notice: The information on this page may not be current. The archive is a collection of content previously published on one or more NAR web properties. Archive pages are not updated and may no longer be accurate. Users must independently verify the accuracy and currency of the information found here. The National Association of REALTORS® disclaims all liability for any loss or injury resulting from the use of the information or data found on this page.