Things to Do Before the Appointment
Homework for You
- Visit the house and take pictures. Incorporate the photos into your competitive market analysis and marketing plan presentations.
- Decide on a suggested price. Know what you consider a fair price so that you can lead the prospects in the right direction.
- Practice your presentation. Review your presentation before arriving. Remind yourself what to emphasize, the benefits of choosing you and your company, and your strategy for addressing objections.
Homework for the Seller
Ask the seller to have the following materials ready for your listing appointment:
- Title policy
- Mortgage paperwork
- Latest tax bill
- Declaration/covenants (if applicable)
- Average utility bills
- Information on assessments (if applicable)
- Two keys to the front door
Excerpted from Terri Murphy’s E-Listing and E-Selling Secrets Secrets: For the Technologically "Clueless", Real Estate Education Company, 1996
Notice: The information on this page may not be current. The archive is a collection of content previously published on one or more NAR web properties. Archive pages are not updated and may no longer be accurate. Users must independently verify the accuracy and currency of the information found here. The National Association of REALTORS® disclaims all liability for any loss or injury resulting from the use of the information or data found on this page.