Keep Your Personal Assistant Motivated
It’s important to keep your personal assistant motivated and happy because this ensures continued productivity and satisfaction with his or her job. Motivated assistants will stay with you longer and provide you and your clients with better service.
Although no two people are motivated by the exact same thing, some motivators are almost universal. Try these job motivators with your assistant:
- Provide all the tools and resources necessary to do a great job.
- Praise your assistant for a job well done. Do it every day.
- Provide bonuses or other gifts to reward great performance.
- Ask for feedback — and implement any changes to procedures that would make your assistant happier.
- Give opportunities for personal growth, especially in areas of the job that the assistant really enjoys.
- Remove or alleviate any obstacles to a great job performance.
- Take your assistant out to lunch after a closed transaction or bring muffins or coffee to meetings.
- Provide work flexibility for the assistant to address any personal issues.
- Treat your assistant with respect and courtesy — even in the face of a crisis situation.
- Say please and thank you — in person or through handwritten notes.
Notice: The information on this page may not be current. The archive is a collection of content previously published on one or more NAR web properties. Archive pages are not updated and may no longer be accurate. Users must independently verify the accuracy and currency of the information found here. The National Association of REALTORS® disclaims all liability for any loss or injury resulting from the use of the information or data found on this page.