9 Great Giveaway Ideas
Forget about potholders and house-shaped refrigerator magnets. Today’s consumers appreciate promotional giveaways that are unusual, creative, and fun. Choose items that are appropriate for your target prospects and fit your marketing message. When suitable, add your logo, Web site, social media accounts, and phone number to the giveaway. Just make sure your logo isn't so large that it discourages them from using the gift.
Gifts for Prospects
- New-parent promotions. Form a partnership with a local hospital and sponsor their gifts to new parents: Think bottle warmers, bibs, and diaper bags.
- Home-office options. Put your logo on Post-it notes, custom mouse pads, cool pens, computer glare screens, or thermal coffee mugs.
Sports-related items. Imprint your logo on kites, baseball caps, sports water bottles, ball markers, sports towels, tennis balls, or walking odometers.
Gifts for Buyers
- Moving first-aid. Provide a moving day kit filled with snacks, paper towels, plastic cups, fresh fruit, bottled water, bowls, silverware, hand soap, flashlights, aspirin, and carton openers. Don't forget the phone number of a favorite local pizza delivery spot, along with a coupon.
- Stress reduction. Help them wind down after stressful weeks of looking for a home or unpacking. In a basket, include bubble bath, tea and cookies, a bottle of wine, potpourri, candles — and, if they have children, some names of potential babysitters.
- Home-related gifts. Give them something that shows you understand how much they love their home: bird feeder, a doormat, attractively potted plants, American flags, or gift certificates to a local hardware or home improvement store.
- Subscriptions. Give a one-year subscription to the local newspaper or a home-improvement magazine.
- Relocation kit. If they're from out of town, they'll appreciate things that will help them learn their new city quickly. That might include a laminated folding map, a list of the best restaurants in several price ranges, five local points of interest with directions on how to get there, phone numbers of local movie theaters, and little-known historical facts about the area.
- High-end options. Think custom door wreaths, crystal vases or paperweights, matching Coach key rings with house keys, and caviar and champagne.