How Do You Find Clients?
No matter how slick your brochures, business cards, hardware, and personal marketing plan, the key to successfully launching your business is acquiring clients. Follow these tips to find prospects:
- Make sure all family, extended family, and friends know that you’re working in real estate sales and are available for their buying and selling needs. Send them your new business card and personal brochure and follow up with a friendly phone call in the first few weeks.
- If you’re involved in community organizations, activities, or other personal interest groups, be sure to let everyone in those groups know of your new career. Inform members of your religious congregation, your children’s sports leagues, your doctor, your insurance agent, your dry cleaner, and other service providers.
- Find a high-producing sales associate in your office and offer to assist him or her with open houses or other aspects of his or her transactions to gain experience and possible referrals. Consider joining the sales team of a high-producing practitioner until you can establish your own client base.
- Offer to work floor time in your office in order to answer incoming calls and find prospects. If your company has a general e-mail box, offer to respond to incoming e-mail inquiries from potential prospects.
- Develop contacts with the human resources departments of any major employers in your area and offer your services for relocating employees.
- Contact organizations that you’re involved with or that interest you and offer to provide free homebuying seminars to its members.
Notice: The information on this page may not be current. The archive is a collection of content previously published on one or more NAR web properties. Archive pages are not updated and may no longer be accurate. Users must independently verify the accuracy and currency of the information found here. The National Association of REALTORS® disclaims all liability for any loss or injury resulting from the use of the information or data found on this page.