Six-Month Game Plan to Grow Your Sales
If you want to start off your real estate career with a bang and achieve a high level of success, the following six-month plan will help you get there:
- Assess your present situation: how well are you meeting your financial goals?
- Seek advice from others in the field.
- Calculate the impact that adding one or more assistants would have on your sales.
- Consider the impact and responsibilities of recruiting one or more salespeople to form a team.
- Estimate the costs involved in providing office space and equipment for your team.
- Determine how many transactions you'll need to cover your costs and yield sufficient profit.
- Consider all tax implications.
If you decide to form a team:
- Write a mission statement for your team.
- Develop a marketing plan and calculate its cost.
- Set sales and financial goals for one, three, five, 10, and 15 years.
- Hire an assistant.
- Recruit additional team members.
Whether or not you’ve launched a team:
- Calculate your operating costs to date.
- Calculate total revenues vs. expenses to date.
- Develop financial projections for next two years based on number of transactions completed.
- Evaluate marketing efforts and adjust if necessary.
Notice: The information on this page may not be current. The archive is a collection of content previously published on one or more NAR web properties. Archive pages are not updated and may no longer be accurate. Users must independently verify the accuracy and currency of the information found here. The National Association of REALTORS® disclaims all liability for any loss or injury resulting from the use of the information or data found on this page.